Monday, March 9, 2009
Wood shop
In grade school while the girls were learning to cook and sew the boys were in wood shop. I can still see the horrible wood table lamp I spent a whole school year fashioning. It was round with simulated termite burrows made with some sort of gouging tool. Mom displayed the monstrosity for several years as a prized possession, while I'm sure Dad was embarrassed that he had sired a son so inept with his hands. My fondest memory of wood shop was in the mid fifties the Brooklyn Dodgers were in the World Series and the shop teacher brought a TV to school for us to watch baseball. The Dodgers won to our great joy. I was much better at watching sports than I was at working with my hands. Nothing has changed. Ron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment