Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Adventure in New York City

One year when Wanda and I lived in Pennsylvania, we took a trip to New York City. We went in our pick-up truck. Our pick-up truck had a canopy on the back. In the back, I had fixed a table. On the sides were box cupboards so that we could sit at the table. The table could be folded down between the cupboards, so that we could make it into a bed.

As we were entering New York City, we had to go through the Holland Tunnel that went under the river. A tunnel guard stopped me and checked the truck all over to make sure I didn’t have any propane gas tanks on the truck for cooking on our stove. I had to show him that we just had a small gas stove.

When propane gas leaks, it goes down instead of going up. If propane gas leaks into the tunnel, they can't get it out. Tunnel authorities were afraid of fires or explosions. We finally got through the tunnel.
As we were going down the road, we got into the wrong lane and ended up going into this building. It turned out that the building was Wall Street. The police stopped me and wanted to know what I was doing in there.
I was then escorted all the way through the parking lot under the Wall Street Exchange building until I got out the other end of the building at the exit.
There were police guards all over the place down there.

From there we found a parking place and took a ferryboat out to the Statue of Liberty. We went inside of it. It was like a big building inside.

That was quite a trip we had.
Dad

No comments: