Yes, I suppose those were the good old days. I too was raised in a time when the majority of the girls thought mostly of getting married and raising families. Worrying about what kind of career I would have never crossed my mind. I was very fortunate to marry a man that preferred to be the bread winner and have me stay home with the kids. It has worked well for both of us. I do sometimes think about what I might have done with my life if I had decided that I wanted a career. I suspect it would have had something to do with nurturing others.
I often feel sorry for young mothers these days who have to drag their little ones off each morning to leave them with strangers in day care. Both of my daughters-in-law only needed to work part time and I was able to watch the grand kids for them a couple of days a week. It worked well for them and has given me the opportunity to bond with my grand kids without being a primary care giver. It has been a win win situation for everyone involved. Speaking of the little darling. Here is a picture from today.
I know I was always happy to know that when I came home from school each day that our mother would be there. The only time that I remember her working while I still lived at home was when we moved to southern California for a short time. She worked at a sewing factory during those months. Harold and I were the only kids still at home at that time and we were teenagers.LaDonna
No comments:
Post a Comment