Sunday, March 22, 2009
What's in a name?
Shakespeare wrote that a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. Would I have been different if I had been called by my middle name, Kenneth, or if some had won the argument and called me Donald junior. When I worked at the Wagon wheel ranch as a skinny teenager Peewee was my handle. Girls called me Ronnie, but guys usually got bust in the mouth if they tried that familiarity. I knew that when our mother growled Ronald I was headed for trouble. I know one of my wives called me Ronnie, Ronnie, Rooroo. I just don't remember which one. And of course there are the usual honorifics such as Dad, Grandpa, uncle, cousin, brother, and son. Amazon calls me an author a couple of times. I tell people I was named after Ronald Reagan, but I doubt if that is the case, but few have doubted that fiction. If you Google Ron K Truscott you'll find me. Ron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment