Tuesday, March 31, 2009

48 Hours


I was with my mom in San Francisco walking around, in the early 1980’s. We noticed movie cameras and a big blue car and with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy doing a scene. I saw a policeman nearby, so I asked him what was going on. He said that they were filming the movie “48 Hours”. I remember walking away in embarrassment when I found out that he wasn’t actually a policeman but an actor in the movie!


The movie was about a tough detective that teams up with a petty criminal who's been released from prison for two days to help catch his former cohorts. The jailbird dons an Armani suit and the unlikely duo dashes around San Francisco tracking the bad guys and trading insults. After surviving a few high-speed car chases and several shoot-outs, they overcome their mutual dislike for each other and begin to bond.
Cindy

No comments: