Saturday, March 28, 2009

My 13th Birthday


I turned 13 years old on August 26, 1977. I remember that I was visiting Grandma and Grandpa Truscott on that birthday. I was with them just before they made the trip to see all the relatives, which ended up being Grandma’s last vacation.

The reason I remember that visit so well is because, as a baby and child, I had always sucked two of my fingers for comfort. On my 13th birthday, I decided that I had grown up and I was determined to stop that habit. It was a major decision for me and I was successful.

While I was visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, I went with Grandma to work at night at the truck stop restaurant the few days that I was there. When Grandma and I got to work, there would be a big pot of boiled potatoes and I helped her peel them. It wasn’t very fun, because I kept burning myself.

I received a letter from my mom while I was there. She told me about this great movie that she went to see at the theater. It was called, “Star Wars”.
Cindy

No comments: