Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Bug Story

My first husband, David was in the Navy. It seems that every year or two we moved, because David was given orders to be stationed at a different Navy base or ship. Sometimes that was a blessing. Especially the time he was sent south to South Carolina.

All the places we lived in, we rented. One of the places we rented was a small mobile home. After we moved in, we discovered we didn't live there alone. The place was infested by roaches. At night, the roaches ruled the place. It was a nightly thing to have roaches crawling all over us. As soon as we would turn on a light, the little creature would scurry into hiding. They were everywhere. I’m sure there were thousands of them. No matter what we did, there was no getting rid of the roach problem. I was very happy when the Navy gave David new moving orders.

I think the only way to solve that roach problem would have been to do what the Nunley’s did to get rid of their bedbug problem. Of course, I would have wanted to get my things out first.
Judy

No comments: