Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Angel Story

It was the summer of 1993. We were living here in Oklahoma. I was having some emotional problems and church burnout because of things that were happening at the church we were attending at the time. I decided that I just needed to get away for awhile. Richard couldn’t go with me because of his job, so I loaded up the three kids in the car and we headed for Minnesota to visit with Cindy. Ginger was ten years old, Kenny was seven and David was four at the time. During that trip, I had a horrible tire blow-out of a front tire. I almost lost complete control of the car. At the time of the blow-out, there were no cars around me. As soon as I was safely on the side of the highway, the traffic was heavy again.
I was a nervous wreck. I had never changed a tire in my whole life and had no idea how to do that. I still have never changed a tire. I was pretty much in a panic and the children couldn’t help me. A car pulled up behind me and stopped. In the car was an older couple. They were very kind and helped calm me down. The woman helped me with the kids, while the older man flagged down a trucker. The trucker quickly changed my tire and was on his way. David had thrown up, because he was upset. The woman helped me clean up the mess. The older couple stayed with us the whole time. In the confusion and all, I had lost my keys. They helped me find them again. They didn’t leave me until I had calmed down and could drive again. As I pulled out to leave and looked behind me, they had disappeared.
I guess I needed two very calming and gentle angels to help with my flat tire problem. A blue eyed angel wouldn’t have worked for me.
Judy

No comments: