Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Music and Disasters

Ok, should I write about music or should I write about disasters? Oh, I know, I will write about how I play the flute---what a disaster. I am in the very early stages of learning to play an instrument for the first time in my life. Oh wait, when I was in the eighth grade I tried the saxophone, yep, you guessed it, another disaster. I bought some books and a DVD and own a flute. Now that is a start. It was very helpful when Monique was here and gave me some instruction. I have tried to break it all down to one step at a time, as that is the way that I learn best. I first just got the head joint out each day and blew until I could get a decent sound out of it each time I brought it to my mouth. Success! I then started putting the thing together and just blew. I've got that now. My newest step is to get it to my mouth and get my fingers in the proper place until I can do that without much thought. I am hoping to eventually play one song before I die. Pray that doesn't happen for a long time, as this may take awhile.LaDonna

No comments: