Monday, June 1, 2009
Ovaltine-- EWWW
Ovaltine would have been the last thing to comfort me. I never did like the taste of it--- must be the malt, I do like hot chocolate. One of the things I can remember but have never had as an adult is bread cereal. At least that is what I remember it being called. You tore up white bread into pieces, put it in a bowl with milk, sugar and maybe some vanilla. Another version of that was snow ice cream. Not that we had snow at home but when we did get near snow I remember making that. I suspect the snow is too polluted now to try that. Of course around here we have to watch for yellow snow. Ha! Yes, kethcup is the magic ingredient for nearly everything. How about biscuits with white gravy with ketchup on it? I am betting Ron and Keith can come up with more useful purposes for the favorite Truscott condiment. Other things we liked was prune cake, goulash, and fried cat fish. Unlike Judy, I remember liking most food. I did not then, nor do I now, care for cottage cheese. I also did not like a couple of Dad's favorites, which were corned beef and cabbage (I do like it now) and lamb, curry and rice (still not crazy about curry). Now, warm chocolate chip cookies, that always brings comfort. Oh, how about sour dough french bread with grated cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup and a little garlic and put under the broiler. We all still like that with spaghetti. Oh my, I could go on and on but then we would all get hungry. Have a nice supper everyone. LaDonna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment