Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cute but Sad



I think this baby is also cute but she has such sad eyes. The baby is me. I don’t think I have seen baby pictures of me with a smile on my face. LaDonna seems have been born laughing and I was born sad.
It may have been the timing of when we were born.
The day I was born, Mom’s world was sad and fearful. Her sister, Louvena had just died a few weeks before in a car accident and her husband (our dad) was on a Navy ship in a dangerous area at sea, during War World II.

Two years later the world was at peace and things were going much better for Mom and Dad. That is when LaDonna was born.

Maybe my sad eyes were a reflection on how Mom felt in the summer of 1945 when I was born.
Judy

No comments: