Friday, June 5, 2009
I Call Him Dad
Thanks for sharing that tribute to our Dad Judy. I had never seen it before. What a special dad he has been to me. When I was a child he seemed larger than life itself. He was always my hero. So strong and caring. I was so often sick as a young child and always knew that if I woke Dad in the night he would know just what to do to make me feel better. He always knew how to make everything we did fun and exciting. He fixed old bicycles up so that we could keep up with the neighborhood kids. He fixed broken windows throughout the neighborhood no matter whose kids broke them. As a teenage I always felt I could go to him and share any of my concerns and problems. In his tender ways he was always strong. Ron is correct in that as I look back I never knew of anyone who did not love our Dad. I remember Mom used to say that the only reason people liked her was because she was his wife. I don't think that was true at all but that was how she often felt. I always admired how much he loved our mother. I know I often compared everything my new husband did to my dad, until one day Kenny said, " I am NOT your father". I stopped that day trying to make Kenny like my dad and learned to accept all of his special traits just the way he was. I have been blessed to have spent my life with two such special men. LaDonna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment