
I have raised five kids.
Every time my wife, Wanda got pregnant she wanted to be near her mother. The year 1943 when Ron was born, Wanda’s parents lived in California, which meant that we already lived near her mom, since we were all living in California at the time.
In 1944 when I was told that I would soon be drafted into the military to serve in World War II, Wanda wanted to be with her folk who by then had moved back to Oklahoma near the Tulsa area. I paid for and helped build a room onto Wanda’s parent’s home, so that Wanda would have a place to live while I was gone doing my military service.
In August of 1944 I was drafted and I left Wanda and Ron in Oklahoma and took a train to San Diego, California for boot camp. Two weeks later, I got a call that my son Keith was born.
Wanda came out to California to be with me a few months later. She left Ron and Keith with her parents until my ship left to go to sea. Then she went back to Oklahoma.
One day at mail call, I received a letter that told me that I was going to be a daddy again. Judy was born in Oklahoma in August of 1945 while I was on a ship at sea.
After the war, I went back to Oklahoma and lived there for awhile before we again moved to Alameda, California. Not long after our move, Wanda discovered she was expecting a baby again. She told me she wanted to go back to Oklahoma again to be near her mother when she had the baby. We packed up and moved back to Oklahoma.
When the time came for the baby to be born, we went to the hospital and a short time later a baby girl was born. We named her LaDonna.
Time passed and we decided to move back to California. We rented out our house in Oklahoma and went to my mother’s house in Alameda, California. After a few months, Wanda got pregnant again. As before, she wanted to go back to Oklahoma near her mother, so back to Oklahoma we went. That year, Gene was born.
Wanda’s mother always took care of the other children until Wanda came home from the hospital. In those days, the doctors made the women with new babies stay in bed for ten days. Wanda would stay in the hospital for a few days and then she would come home and stay in bed until the ten days were up.
After Wanda got home from the hospital, I would take a couple of week’s vacation and take care of Wanda and the children until she was able to get up and take over her job as mom again.
During that time, I was Head Chief, Cook, and Bottle Washer. That’s not counting Dirty Diaper Changer.
Once all five of our babies were born, we moved back to California and stayed. We raised our children at 1234 Pease Court, in Alameda, California.
Dad
Every time my wife, Wanda got pregnant she wanted to be near her mother. The year 1943 when Ron was born, Wanda’s parents lived in California, which meant that we already lived near her mom, since we were all living in California at the time.
In 1944 when I was told that I would soon be drafted into the military to serve in World War II, Wanda wanted to be with her folk who by then had moved back to Oklahoma near the Tulsa area. I paid for and helped build a room onto Wanda’s parent’s home, so that Wanda would have a place to live while I was gone doing my military service.
In August of 1944 I was drafted and I left Wanda and Ron in Oklahoma and took a train to San Diego, California for boot camp. Two weeks later, I got a call that my son Keith was born.
Wanda came out to California to be with me a few months later. She left Ron and Keith with her parents until my ship left to go to sea. Then she went back to Oklahoma.
One day at mail call, I received a letter that told me that I was going to be a daddy again. Judy was born in Oklahoma in August of 1945 while I was on a ship at sea.
After the war, I went back to Oklahoma and lived there for awhile before we again moved to Alameda, California. Not long after our move, Wanda discovered she was expecting a baby again. She told me she wanted to go back to Oklahoma again to be near her mother when she had the baby. We packed up and moved back to Oklahoma.
When the time came for the baby to be born, we went to the hospital and a short time later a baby girl was born. We named her LaDonna.
Time passed and we decided to move back to California. We rented out our house in Oklahoma and went to my mother’s house in Alameda, California. After a few months, Wanda got pregnant again. As before, she wanted to go back to Oklahoma near her mother, so back to Oklahoma we went. That year, Gene was born.
Wanda’s mother always took care of the other children until Wanda came home from the hospital. In those days, the doctors made the women with new babies stay in bed for ten days. Wanda would stay in the hospital for a few days and then she would come home and stay in bed until the ten days were up.
After Wanda got home from the hospital, I would take a couple of week’s vacation and take care of Wanda and the children until she was able to get up and take over her job as mom again.
During that time, I was Head Chief, Cook, and Bottle Washer. That’s not counting Dirty Diaper Changer.
Once all five of our babies were born, we moved back to California and stayed. We raised our children at 1234 Pease Court, in Alameda, California.
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment