It is the time of the year to reflect on all the wonderful ways that my Dad is special to me.
The greatest thing a FATHER can do for his children is to love their mother. The love my Dad had for Mom was beyond words to describe. It made our home a happy and secure place for me to grow up.
My Dad always provided me with the necessities in life: food, clothing, shelter, camping/fishing family togetherness and much, much more. He went without, so that I could have more. He gave me so much including the most important thing in the world, “His Love”.
When any of us kids were sick in the middle of the night, who did we wake up to help us? It was my Dad. He knew all the remedies and how to make us well and feel better.
My Dad could invent and build anything that would make camping and everyday life more convenient and enjoyable for his family.
My Dad kept everyone laughing with his corny jokes and funny ways.
My Dad was a great cook and I’m sure he still is. At all the holidays relatives came to join us to enjoy the wonderful meals that he prepared.
Could I ever count all the ways that my Dad is special to me? ‘NO’.
He’s a wonderful man and I’m so blessed that Donald Elmo Truscott is my Dad. Judy
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment