The way I keep in touch with my family is mostly by emailing. I email to Ginger during the day while she is at work. I email my daughter, Cindy at least once a day and sometimes many times a day. I email both Ron and LaDonna almost everyday. I also email my mother-in-law daily.
Once a week I send a package to my parents with this week's blog and a letter enclosed so that they can read the blog and see pictures that were posted on the blog or other family pictures that were taken that week.
When I was a Navy wife in the 60’s and 70’s it wasn’t easy to keep in touch with my husband when he was sent to places that I couldn’t go. Mostly we just sent letters. Sometime he was able to call me.
When David was station in Kodiak, Alaska in the 1960’s, I couldn’t go with him. It was very hard to do any communication with him, since it was such a remote place.
One time, David found a Ham Operator there and made arrangements for me to talk to him through the Ham Operator. It was very hard to talk to David that way. I would have to talk and then say, “Over”. He would talk awhile and when he said, “Over”, it was my turn to talk. It was confusing to me, because of having to say, “Over” so much.
It is so much easier to just talk on the phone.
I don’t like to do Instant Messaging. To me it is like doing the Ham Operator thing, only the person types out a message and as soon as he is finished he sends his message to you and you need to respond right back with your message and then send it to him. The messages go back and forth that way. You have to think and type fast.
I also don’t use the phone much to call others. I enjoy getting calls, but I don’t want to be the one doing the calling. I have a cell phone, but I rarely use it, most of the time it’s turned off. My home phone is a landline with a cord. I don’t use a cordless phone.
As you can tell, I am both old fashion and modern in my way of communicating with family and friends. Judy
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment