Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's In A Name

The story that I was always told about my name was that Mom wanted to name me Donna after Dad. The problem was that there was another lady at our church that had a baby girl shortly before I was born and named her daughter Donna. Mom was very upset about HER name being stolen and determined to use the name but went through the alphabet adding other letters until she came up with LaDonna. I was always grateful that she didn't stop at the M's. I have also always enjoyed having a name that was a little different than most and have heard many, many times in my life "what a pretty name". I decided early in my life that all of those people must be right. I have also been told that it means "the Lady". HA! Then there is my middle name which is Shirley. Not so crazy about that one---on the other hand Dad wanted it to be Juanita. I think I will keep Shirley. LaDonna Shirley Truscott King

No comments: