Wanda and I got married on July 10th, just four days after I turned 18 years old. Right after we got married, we moved into a travel trailer that was set up in an Oakland trailer park.
I didn’t own a car at the time.
Wanda had three cousins that lived in the same trailer park as we did. One nice thing was that her cousins worked at the shipyard in Richmond where I worked. I was able to ride to work with them each day until Wanda and I had our trailer moved to a different trailer park in the town of San Pablo near Richmond. Our neighbors were very quiet, since we lived right across the street from a cemetery.
I still didn't have a car.
While we lived in San Pablo, I rode my bicycle to work and back everyday.
If Wanda and I wanted to go visit our parents in Alameda, we would walk up to the town of San Pablo to the highway and get on a Greyhound bus that went to Oakland. From there we would get on a city bus that took us to Alameda. We reversed our steps to get back home. Dad
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment