Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Justin, June 10, 1973

Today, I will post three letters. All three letters were written the day after Justin was born. The first one was written to me. The second one, Mom wrote to Cindy and the third one was in the same letter. It was written to Cindy from Dad. The picture above is of Justin as a newborn. Judy

(Letter one)
June 11, 1973

Dear Judy,

I received the nice Birthday card. Thank you so much and don’t feel bad about not being able to send a gift. I don’t mind just so I keep getting nice letters from you like I have been and also the beautiful cards. You must spend all your money on cards.

LaDonna finally had the baby yesterday. A boy, that looks just like Wade. He weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and I don’t know how long he was. They didn’t even tell LaDonna yet how long he was. They named him Justine Owen. LaDonna had a pretty easy time. Justin came feet first but the doctor said it was the easiest breech birth that he ever delivered.
The baby was born at 7:07 a.m. LaDonna looked real good when I was up last night. She looked like she felt well enough to go home already. She will probably feel worse today. I plan on going up to see her for awhile tonight before I go to Weight Watchers.
Yes, I’m still losing but not quite to my goal yet. ‘Ha!’
I lost 3 ¼ lbs. last time I went last Monday. That makes a total of 15 ¾ lbs. so far in 6 weeks.
I don’t know yet what my goal weight should be. They don’t tell you until you get within 10 lbs of it. But I should weigh around 135 lbs., I guess, maybe less.
My blood pressure is still high and I’m still taking 5 blood pressure pills a day.

Well, I’ll bring this to a close as I have to start dinner now. I sure hate to start cooking as its real hot today and cooking just heats up the trailer more. We have an air conditioner ordered and we are supposed to get in tomorrow, I hope. We are paying $359 for it, so it should be good. Everything for a trailer costs much more, it seems, than for houses.
Lots of Love, Mom

(Letter 2)
Monday, June, 11, 1973

Dear Cindy,

I just received another letter from you. You write so many letters that I can’t keep up with you. I sure enjoy hearing from you. If Grandma doesn’t answer all of them, please don’t feel hurt as I have lots and lots of people to write to and so I spend half of my time writing letters and the other half knitting and crocheting for grandkids.

Aunt LaDonna had an 8 lb. 9 oz. boy yesterday. How about that? Another mean boy like Wade. He is real cute though and real fat, and he looks just like Wade.

I just gave a little girl named Dorothy your address and she said she was going to write to you. She lives just across the street from us. She is the same age as you, except she is just a little bit older. Her Birthday is tomorrow and she will be 9.

Grandpa is going to write you a little bit, so I’ll shut up for now.
Lots of Love, Grandma

(Letter 3)

Hi,

It is the first time that I got her to shut up in a long time.

How’s everything?

It’s hot here. I bet it’s nice and cool there.

We went fishing Saturday with Wade and he caught 3 fish before I even got my fishing pole fixed. He was sure happy.

LaDonna’s baby’s name is Justine Owen. I think they should have named him, Justine Time. ‘Ha!’

Have you found any new boyfriends? I bet you have a lot of them now.

Thank you for the Father’s Day Card for Grandpa. That sure was sweet of you to think of me. I love you very much.

Hope you have a good summer vacation and that you have lots of fun.
Lots of Love, Grandpa

No comments: