
As you can see, by all the posts that Richard has been posting on the blog lately, his passion was his vehicles. When Richard and I first got together, I was competing with his car, Ralphie for his love and attention. He really loved that car. Before we were married and even afterwards, if I wanted to spend time with Richard, I had to be in the garage watching him work on Ralphie or Moby-grape. If we went out somewhere together, it was to go to a tool store. I followed him around while he looked at tools, especially in the tool department at Sears.It wasn’t until after Richard and I had children, that Richard changed his focus from his passion for cars, to being a husband and father. A big passion for him now, is being a children’s pastor at church. He has been doing children’s church programs for almost 24 years now.
Richard still loves shopping for tools and I still follow him around in the tool stores quite often. His job now, as a Master R.V. Technician, requires that he has his own set of tools. His job has given him a very good reason for collecting a wide range of tools.
Richard has never owned a new car, and he doesn’t want to. Our family has four cars now, one for him and one each for our three children. All our cars are old and they need repairs done on them often. Richard’s earlier experiences with Ralphie and Moby-grape, have helped him become an expert on vehicle maintenance and repair.
Kenny has learned a lot from his dad about fixing cars. David is not interested in that type of thing at all. Ginger is pretty good at car maintenance, but she is glad that her dad is there to repair major car problems for her.
A lot of times, if I want to visit and talk to Richard, I still have go outside with him as he works under a car.
The pictures above are of Richard, Ginger and Kenny. Instead of being under a car, he’s under his children.
Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment