Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Trip to Bermuda







In 1982, LaDonna wrote me a letter to tell me about a trip to Bermuda that she and Kenny took. She has given me permission to post this letter on the blog and other letters that I received from her in the past. The pictures are from the brochure that she sent me with this letter. The picture of her is what she looked like after she reached her Weight Watcher’s goal weight at that time. Judy

June 21, 1982

Hi,

Guess you thought I forgot about you. Well, I didn’t. Here I am finally getting around to writing.

Our vacation was great even though it rained everyday we were gone. We didn’t get a tan but we both got a cold. We couldn’t see staying inside after flying all the way to Bermuda, so we got wet a lot. We also didn’t get a lot of sleep as we would stay up until 1:30 or 2:00, then we would get up around 6:00. Kenny did get a few naps during the day while I went swimming (indoor pool). I’m sending the brochure of the hotel we stayed in. You can throw it away then.
Our room overlooked the golf course and outdoor pool that is shown in the pictures.

The first thing I did when I got back home from our vacation is head straight for the scales. It showed about a three pound gain. I went right back on the Weight Watcher's diet and was going to skip the Weight Watcher’s class that week but decided to face the music and go back. Well, I had lost a pound since my last class and I was at my Goal Weight!
I have learned a lot about myself through the Weight Watcher program. One thing is that the world won’t come to an end if I don’t finish everything on my plate and some of my food has to go in the garbage.

Kenny and Wade went to Philadelphian today. His transmission in the racer went out, so he is trying to get parts for it. He has a smaller motor in it this summer. It’s a 302 with carburetor instead of his 427 with fuel injection. Kenny just wanted to try something different but I think he wants to put the big one back in. He misses all that power. We have only been to two races this summer, but we have one coming up the Fourth of July week-end.

The boys have had a pretty crummy summer so far, because of all the rain. I did take them fishing a couple of times and to the lake swimming once. Wade is at the age that going on a picnic with Mom and little brother is BORING! He wants to be with kids his own age and I can’t blame him. Being fourteen “ain’t” easy. Not a kid but not a man. He does pretty well though.

We spent the weekend at an auto flea market (all four of us). We had a good time and it was nice to do something together besides racing. They had other stuff besides automobiles stuff, so I enjoyed that. Wade bought a watch. Justin got a belt buckle and pocketknife. Kenny got tools and I got a pocketbook and a wall decoration (Home Interior). It was fun and we all got sunburned.

Well, I’ve got to go. By.

Love, LaDonna



No comments: