Saturday, April 25, 2009

At Home, While LaDonna Was In Canada

I think the letter from Mom that I am posting below, was written during the same vacation trip that LaDonna and Kenny were in Canada, which LaDonna just posted about. Mom sent me this letter on her birthday.

Friday, June 20, 1975 (My Birthday)

Dear Judy and Dave,

I received your nice card, letter and package. Thank you so much. We both liked my birthday present just like we both liked Dad’s Father’s Day present.

Dad took me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant last night because tonight we have to go to Stewartstown to babysit Wade and Justin. LaDonna and Ken are in Canada and Ken’s mom has had Wade all week and Doris, Ken’s sister, has Justin, so we promised that we would come and relieve them tonight. ‘Ha!’ They will probably need relieving, knowing Justin. Wade isn’t too bad anymore as he is growing up.

I had a long distance call last night at midnight. It was a collect call, no less, from Grandma. Her brother, Uncle Claude died. He’s the one that has the red headed wife, Aunt Esta.

Right now I’m sitting at my machine at work eating an apple and writing to you. I’m on my 30 minute lunch period and 30 minutes sure goes fast. I don’t hardly have enough time to eat and go potty in 30 minutes.

That letter that Cindy sent was cute. We will try and answer it in our spare time. Guess she did it all by herself. Dad said, “I wonder where she got that idea." ‘Ha!’

Oh, I forgot to tell you what Dad got me for my birthday. Two pretty pants outfits and a two-pieced dress. LaDonna already borrowed the dress and took it to Canada with her. I got to wear it one time to church Sunday morning.

Well, I’ll make this short as I don’t have too much more time and want to get this in the mail today.

Thanks again so much for remembering my Birthday and of course Father’s Day.
Lots of Love and God bless you,
Mom and Dad.


I’m sure that the letter that Cindy sent to Mom and Dad that time was a letter that had pictures, letters and words that were cut out of magazines and glued onto a piece of paper to make up the letter.
When we were children, I remember helping Dad and Mom clip all kinds of letters, words and pictures out of magazine and newspapers to make that kind of letter. It was fun to do. Does anyone else remember those letters? Judy

No comments: