Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letter From Dad and Ruth


I was looking through some of my old letters and found a letter from Dad and Ruth that had a couple of pictures in it. I will share the pictures and letter with you. Judy

February 17, 1979

Dear Dave and Judy,

We received your nice card, letter, and the pictures of the kids in your class. Thank you.
We are glad you are enjoying them and we know they like you.

We are both fine and so is our cat family. The cats really enjoy each other. They run through the house chasing and wrestling with each other until they get worn out. Then they sleep for a few hours. If one of them wakes up and doesn’t see the other one she will look all over until she does find her. They are lost without each other. Of course, they don’t pay much attention to us anymore, since they have each other except when it is time for them to eat. Then they drive us nuts until they get fed. That is Ruth’s job.

LaDonna called today. Justin has the chicken pox. Wade hasn’t had them yet, so I guess he will get them also. Other than that, they are fine.

Ron called yesterday. He is fine. He doesn’t write, so he calls instead.

I got a letter from Keith and Lois yesterday. They are fine. They are staying with her folks for a short time until the house they are going to move into is vacant. Lois’ mother bought a bigger house so Keith is going to rent it from them.

Harold called last week, he is doing fine. He is driving truck. He was going to L.A. that day.

We have had lots of snow and cold weather. It is going to snow tonight, tomorrow and then turn into freezing rain. I don’t look forward to that.

Well, that’s about all the news at this time.
We love you all. God bless you.
Dad and Ruth

Hi Judy,

How are things going? It is so good to know that Dave and Cindy approve of what you are doing. A family should stick together.
When do you think you could all come up this way? The weather should be getting nice soon. A trip to Pennsylvania would do you all good. Cindy would have fun with the cats. How is Cindy? Give her my love.

I’m getting restless with nothing to do, so I may look for a part-time job this spring, like from 5-9pm. The only thing is that most places want you to work weekends and I don’t want to do that.

Everything is going fine with us. We are happy and getting along just great, except when we play canasta. Your dad always wins. I guess he’s smarter than I am, which is really okay with me.

We had Justin last weekend. He is so cute. We got along just fine, but he wears you out. I don’t think I could do what you are doing.

Take care.
Love to all. Ruth



No comments: