Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Three Mile Island Episode—
I remember the Three Mile Island episode clearly as it was a very traumatic time in our lives. Dad was married to Ruth at the time and they lived in the mobile home not far from there. The kids were both in school and I was afraid to send them for fear the thing would melt down and they would load the kids in busses to get them away and I wouldn’t know where they were. I kept them both home for days. Justin was just in kindergarten. We were all told that we needed to be prepared to leave at a moments notice and that we would NEVER be able to return. As you look around your home at a time like that you try to decide what to take and what to leave behind. The only things besides what we needed to survive that I could think of was my pictures and a few family treasures. It was a VERY scary time. At one point Dad called us and said the sirens were going off so he and Ruth were heading our way. LaDonna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment