Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Other Famous Cousins

Here is a picture of Great Grandma Catledge with her children. Our Grandma Nunley is in the center back row. I believe her sister Esther, to her left, is Holly Hunters grandmother. I saw Holly hunter interviewed on TV once and their was a portrait of her grandmother behind her.


Another famous cousin that some of you may not be aware of is Thomas Jefferson. Yes, you heard me correctly---that-- Thomas Jefferson. Last year Judy had the opportunity to meet one of our mothers cousins, Damon Catledge. Damon has spent years studying the family and has some wonderful history and genealogy of our family. It seems Thomas Jefferson was a first cousin to grandma Catledge's grandmother. Her name was Diannah Hillsman Farrar, she married a man named Tillman Dixon Pruitt and one of their sons was Joseph Waters Pruitt. Joseph was Grandma Catledge's father. Judy and I have pictures of many of these people as well as some great pictures of grandma Catledge when she was young. If anyone is interested in seeing those or hearing more about these relatives let us know. I have found it fascinating.

I sent Damon copies of the pages from grandma Catledge's old bible that I have and he helped me make sense of it all.Damon was very excited to know of the bibles existence. LaDonna

No comments: