May 17 - Lebanon, Lsrael, and United State sign an agreement on Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
May 26 - A Powerful earthquake and tsunami in northen Honshu, Japan kills 104 and injures 163.
Other events in 1983.
On June 13 - Pioneer 10 becomes the first man-made object to leave the solar system.
On October 25 – Microsoft Word is first released. I don't know how I could live without that program.
On November 2 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: At the White House Rose Garden, U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill creating a federal holiday on the third Monday of every January to honor American Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
Fun happenings in 1983
1st Cabbage Patch Kids became craze. I was 7 months old when I got mine in 1983. (Pictured below)
McDonald's introduces the McNugget
Kellogg's introduces Crispix cereal
Return of the Jedi is a box-office hit.
Ginger
No comments:
Post a Comment