LaDonna
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Treasures
You are so right Jen. Passing down family treasures is wonderful way to feel connected to those who have gone on. Here are just a couple of things that I treasure from your great Grandma Truscott Lottie. She was grandpa Truscott's mother and a very important part in your dad, aunt's and uncle's lives. This first picture is a table cloth that she crocheted about 75 years ago. The story I have been told was that as grandpa's father was dying, Grandma Lottie sat at his bedside and worked on this table cloth. Great grandpa passed away when Grandpa Truscott was just fourteen years old. My mother passed the table cloth on to me before she passed away more than 30 years ago. I will do the same and pass it on to my granddaughter. It is quite large at 5 feet by 6 feet and still in excellent shape after all of these years. The other picture is of a dog that great grandma made for me when I was about ten years old. Of course it is now an antique, like your old Aunt LaDonna.
LaDonna

LaDonna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment