Monday, December 8, 2008

Snap Decision


When we were children, we did a lot of fishing with our parents. Here’s one of Dad’s fish stories.

Snap Decision
One Friday, Wanda and I took our children on a fishing trip. We arrived at Verdigris River in Oklahoma just before dark. The river was up and it was muddy, because it had rained upstream. Some fish had risen to the surface. To my surprise and delight, I saw a huge catfish swimming on the surface near the bank of the river.

SNAP! I caught the fish.

You see, the only thing I had handy was my tackle box. Thinking quickly, I emptied the contents of my box out onto the ground. Reaching down, I snapped the lid shut. I was excited as I lifted the catfish out of the water with his tail sticking out one side and his head out the other side of my tackle box.
Our fishing trip was short, but very successful. We headed back home with quite a fish story and plenty of fish to eat.

That sure is an amazing fish story. Does anyone else have any amazing fish or hunting stories to share?
Judy

No comments: