Monday, December 8, 2008

Drum fish


In 1968 Harold was in the Navy stationed at Kingsville, Texas. He came home on leave and when he went back I joined him for the trip. We had had car trouble on the drive there and had to buy another car half way there, so we were pretty broke by the time we arrived. I had to have Dad wire some money so I could get a place to live, but there wasn't enough left to buy much food, so we went to the beach and cast a fishing line into the surf. When it became dark we could hear the sound of drumming coming from the water. To our surprise the fish was on our line and it took us a long time to reel it in. It turned out to be a Drum fish, which was a very big fish and enough fish to feed us both. Ron

No comments: