Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not Totally Fearless

Thanks for the memories Judy. I do remember both episodes and having my teeth checked for fangs nightly. It reminded me of a time that I was a bit afraid. We had gone to visit with Auntie Alice & Uncle Babe. I believe it was around Christmas time. Kenny & Frankie had taken us on a big hike. During the hike in the woods, Frankie pushed past me on the trail and pushed me into the bushes. I was livid and refused to go along with the rest of you and so you all left me. Now picture that I was probably only about nine or ten years old, in a strange place, in a strange town. I just kept walking until I found a street of houses. I went up to a house and rang the door bell. Some nice people answered the door and I told them I was lost. They asked where I lived. Well I lived in Alameda which was hundreds of miles away. I told them that we were there visiting with my aunt. They asked where my aunt lived or for her phone number. I didn't know either. The only thing I could do was describe the Christmas decorations that were on the street where Auntie Alice lived. Fortunately for me they recognized the decorations. They drove me in their car back to Auntie Alice's. Of course because I had a ride, I was back before everyone else. Auntie Alice was furious with her boys for leaving me like that. She had me hide and when everyone got back she jumped all over the boys about leaving me and all the horrible things that could happen to me . I had my revenge. I tell this story because I do remember being very scared as I did not know where I was or what to do. Now who was the brat, Frankie for pushing me, or me for refusing to follow along with the rest of you? Brat LaDonna

No comments: