Dad wrote about his father in his biography story. Grandpa Robert sounds like an amazing, and wonderful person. This is some of what Dad remembers about his father.
My father, Robert loved to walk. He walked almost everywhere he went. Even when people stopped to offer him a ride, he would say, “No thank you.” My father never owned an automobile in his whole life. Rain or shine, he walked the four miles to work and back each day. We lived in Alameda and his job was in Oakland.
Sunday afternoons my father took me on long walks with him, and on Sunday nights, we would walk the two miles to church and back together. My mother always found a ride home from church, because she didn’t like to walk that far.
My father liked to read. Some of the books he enjoyed reading were Zane Grey’s westerns. He enjoyed listening to the radio, cooking, and even doing the dishes.
My father liked to read. Some of the books he enjoyed reading were Zane Grey’s westerns. He enjoyed listening to the radio, cooking, and even doing the dishes.
Robert Truscott was a wonderful husband and father.
It would have been wonderful to have met our Grandfather Robert.
He sure seems to have enjoyed walking. I think I would have tried to find rides to work on rainy days. I’m more like Grandma, in that I would have tried to find someone to drive me home from church.
Posted by Judy
Posted by Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment