Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wishing You a Happy New Year


I wish everyone a Happy New Years. As a child, I don't have any memories of celebrating New Years Eve. I celebrated New Years Eve as a young adult by going to square dances and dancing the new year in. I have never liked to stay up that late. My bedtime is between nine and ten o'clock. As usual I will sleep the new year in this year too.
I was born August of 1945. The Year's Top Stories of my birth year was: Nation rejoices as the war with Germany and Japan ends; VE and VJ Day.
The news of the month I was born was: U.S. drops atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. Japan surrenders unconditionally. Allies divide Korea at 38th parallel; U.S controls the south and USSR the north.
A few weeks before I was born, Mom's younger sister, Louvena was killed in an automobile accident. Mom named me after her sister. My name is Judith Louvena.
A good thing that happened because of my birth in 1945 was that I was my parent's third child. Since the war was finally over, the servicemen that had three children or more were given their discharges from the military first. Dad and Mom got to be together again.
Judy

No comments: