
I don’t remember much about Dad’s oldest brother, Uncle Robert. I just remember that I thought he and his wife Hazel were rich. To my way of thinking as a child, they had a big fancy house. What I remember is that whenever they came to visit us, they brought all of us kids a roll of multicolor lifesavers. That was a huge treat for me.
This is a story Dad tells about his memory of his brother, Robert when Robert married Hazel. I think Dad was around five years old at the time.
When my brother, Robert got married, I was chosen to be his ring bearer in the wedding. He told me if I didn’t drop the ring off the pillow and did a good job as the ring bearer, he would buy me a milkshake.
During the wedding ceremony, I looked up at my big brother and asked, “Can I have my milkshake now?” Needless to say, I was told to, “Hush”.
I did get my milkshake in a few days.
Does anyone have any other memories of Dad’s brothers or any uncle stories? Judy
This is a story Dad tells about his memory of his brother, Robert when Robert married Hazel. I think Dad was around five years old at the time.
When my brother, Robert got married, I was chosen to be his ring bearer in the wedding. He told me if I didn’t drop the ring off the pillow and did a good job as the ring bearer, he would buy me a milkshake.
During the wedding ceremony, I looked up at my big brother and asked, “Can I have my milkshake now?” Needless to say, I was told to, “Hush”.
I did get my milkshake in a few days.
Does anyone have any other memories of Dad’s brothers or any uncle stories? Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment