Monday, January 12, 2009

Outdoor Fun


I remember loving to be outside. Perhaps because it was so crowded inside or the fact that we lived in a climate that was conducive to outdoor fun. I would have to think Mom was happy when it wasn't raining and we could all be out of the house. I remember all of the games Judy mentioned as well as a few others. I am not sure if the boys participated but I know Judy and I had jump rope games that we played. Kick the can was a favorite game among many of us. If I recall correctly we would all hide and the trick was to get to the can and kick it before the IT person could catch you. I do remember also that because we had so little space to play ball, that many neighbor windows got broken and that Dad had to repair them, whether it was caused by us or some other kid. My strongest memory is of the boxing match between me and some boy and I got punched in the face and lost a couple of teeth. Mom was livid and marched me to the boys house to tell his mother. The mother said," well they were just baby teeth weren't they?" I think Mom was tempted to knock a few of her teeth loose. Ron may remember this story better better than I, as I believe he was my boxing coach. LaDonna

No comments: