Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Traveling Far From Home


The furthest from home that I have traveled is when my first husband, David was in the Navy and he got stationed over seas.

When Cindy was a newborn, she traveled thousands of miles before she was even two months old. The year was 1964. Cindy was born in Ohio. She was the first grandchild of Mom and Dad. When she was six weeks old, I took baby Cindy on a bus from Ohio to California to introduce her to her grandparents.
After we visited there for awhile, Mom wanted to let her parents and her Grandmother Catledge meet their new grandbaby. We drove a car from California to Oklahoma. Great Grandma was 104 years old at the time. You can see the five generation picture above of the five of us.
Mom took Cindy and me to the airport in Oklahoma and we flew back to Ohio to David’s parent's home.
David had a left to go to Scotland a day before Cindy was born.
Soon after I arrived in Ohio, my mother-in-law drove us to New Jersey where Cindy and I boarded a Navy prop airplane. After many bumpy hours flying over the ocean, we landed in Scotland. There David was waiting to meet his new daughter, the world traveler and me, the worn out new mom.

Does anyone else have any travel adventure stories?
Posted by Judy

No comments: