Friday, May 1, 2009

Pen Pal From Australia

Welcome to relatives in Australia.
I was very excited to get a comment from Leisa on the blog yesterday. Leisa lives in Queensland, Australia. Her grandfather was the youngest brother of Dad’s father, Robert Truscott. Leisa’s grandfather’s name was Cameron Truscott. Cameron is Leisa’s mother’s father.

When I was a child, Grandma Truscott, used to write letters to her in-laws in Australia. Grandma wanted to know if I would like to have a pen pal. I did and she gave me the address of a girl that was around my age and we started writing each other. Over the years I lost contact with my pen pal and I even forgot her name.

When I emailed Leisa last night and mentioned the fact that I used to be a pen pal of a relative in Australia, she said that she remembered that just last month her Auntie Carol talked about a pen pal that she used to write to.
Leisa called her Auntie Carol and found out that it was her that I used to write and that she still had photos of me.

Today, I have found my childhood pen pal again. I plan on emailing her. I’m very excited to be connected to our Australian relatives again.
Judy

No comments: