I talked to Dad yesterday on the phone and found out that today is a type of anniversary for him.
I was reading a book that told about a Line-Crossing onboard a Navy ship in World War II. Dad was on that ship, so I asked him if he remembered crossing the International Date Line and the ceremony that the sailors went through the day that the ship he was on crossed the International Date Line.
Dad remembered that day well. He told me he would write what he remembers about that day so that I could post it on the blog.
A couple hours later Dad called back to tell me that he found the certificate that he received that day. Dad said he would send the certificate to me also, so that I could post it with his story. The certificate has a title of the “Golden Dragon.”
The reason I’m posting this story today is because the date on Dad’s certificate is May 13, 1945. Today it has been 64 years since he went through that initiation into the Order of the Golden Dragon.
Happy Anniverary Dad! Judy
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment