Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Found Relatives

For those that have been following this blog, you know that recently we discovered relatives that we were not even aware of. What a wonderful discovery it has been. I will tell you a little bit about the history and that discovery if you have missed it and then share some pictures of our new relatives.


Our grandfather Robert Truscott , was the second oldest of ten children came to this country from Australia when he was a teenager. He came with his older brother James and their Uncle David to never return to his native country. He left behind his parents and siblings, who remained in Australia to grow up and raise their own families. I am not sure about the rest of you but I have always been curious about those that were left behind and what became of them. I knew that we had to have close relatives in Australia but did not know how many, who or where they were. It just so happens that one of the granddaughters of grandpa's youngest brother decided to do a family search of her own to find out what happened to her Pop's older brothers and that brought her to our blog. Judy & I were thrilled when Leisa left a comment on our blog as well as an email address where we could reach her. Isn't the internet a grand thing? Leisa's sister Wendy then left an email address where we could get in touch with her. Judy started emailing Leisa and I Wendy. How excited I was to receive pictures of Wendy and her family as well as pictures of some of our dad's first cousins. I was blown away by the resemblance to our family. Like Ron said, "we could be in the picture with them and we wouldn't look out of place at all". I have asked Wendy for permission to post some of those pictures and just received an email with Wendy and Leisa's permission to post their pictures for all of the American relatives to see. Thanks Wendy & Leisa. The girls, I can call them that as they are the ages of my own children. Wendy is Wade's age and Leisa is Justin's age. Their mother June is the same age as me. How cool is that? Here are some pictures. I am sure Judy will post some that Leisa has sent to her. LaDonna

These are some of Dad's first cousins. They are the children of our grandfathers youngest brother Hugh. Back row left to right - Aunty Susan, Aunty Shirley, Aunty Lilly, Aunty Carol..
Front row - Aunty Valerie, Aunty Evie, Uncle John, June (mum) taken at Mums 60th in June 2007



This is June with her children L to R Wendy, Mark, Leisa and Kelly




Wendy and her Aunty Val





Wendy's daughters Kelsey and Shelby. Aren't they beauties?




Wendy's son Brodie on far right having fun with his friends. Brodie is about to graduate from high school.

No comments: