Friday, February 6, 2009

A Twisted Driver's License Tale

I wanted to get my driver’s license as soon as possible. Driving stresses, Mom out and I wanted to be able to drive her places. I was ready to get my license on my sixteenth birthday, but my Mom wouldn’t take me. Dad promised to take me the next day, because he was off.
The day finally came. May 3rd 1999, I turned sixteen. That afternoon Oklahoma made the national news. Several tornados, one of them being an F5 tornado touched down in Oklahoma not too far from where we lived, causing a lot of devastation.
The next day Dad took me to get my driver’s license. In Oklahoma if it’s raining, they won’t let you take the driver’s test. It had been raining and drizzling all morning and there were also reports of other tornados that day. When it was my turn to take the test, it stopped raining. I was able to take my test and I passed. I think they felt sorry for me, because my birthday was on May 3rd the tornado day. I was lucky to get my license that day and not get blown away.

Ginger

No comments: