Sunday, February 1, 2009

Double Date at Lake Merritt

I do remember the fairyland visits when we were young. I don't remember too much about it though and do not remember the whale. What I do remember is going on a double date with Ron. I was about 14 and liked a young man named Glenn Campbell. Not sure who Ron was with; maybe someone named Darlene, but not sure. We ended the evening with a walk at Lake Merritt. Glenn told me that I looked beautiful by moonlight and Ron saying, "yea, even little sisters look good by moonlight". How funny that that particular memory is still in my head. The other thing that I remember is that I was out later that night than I should have been. On our return, Mom was in a tizzy and was lecturing me. The little smart alleck in me said, "I'm tired now, could you yell at me in the morning". Egads, what was I thinking? That caused more yelling but should have probably caused a backhand across the mouth. None was forthcoming. Now, you may ask, why was I dating anyone at 14. I was a VERY mature 14 year old {{{hahaha}}} LaDonna

No comments: