For some reason, I assume because of my type A personality our dad tried to discourage me from driving or getting my license to drive. After I continued to bug him, he let me get my learners permit, we went for my first driving experience on a Friday during rush hour on the Nimitz freeway over the Bay Bridge to a steep hill in San Francisco for the fun of starting up the incline after a full stop. I succeeded without very much damage to the clutch. Even after that I was still enthusiastic about getting my license. He set the bar pretty high by insisting that I get the job done without his financial assistance, and not in his vehicle. I spent my seventeenth summer baby sitting Glenn Nunley's three children during the day while he and his wife were at work, two of the little people were still wearing diapers. In exchange he taught me to drive and allowed me to use his VW bug to take the test in. The little car made the parallel parking part of the test easy. RonFriday, February 6, 2009
Bugged
For some reason, I assume because of my type A personality our dad tried to discourage me from driving or getting my license to drive. After I continued to bug him, he let me get my learners permit, we went for my first driving experience on a Friday during rush hour on the Nimitz freeway over the Bay Bridge to a steep hill in San Francisco for the fun of starting up the incline after a full stop. I succeeded without very much damage to the clutch. Even after that I was still enthusiastic about getting my license. He set the bar pretty high by insisting that I get the job done without his financial assistance, and not in his vehicle. I spent my seventeenth summer baby sitting Glenn Nunley's three children during the day while he and his wife were at work, two of the little people were still wearing diapers. In exchange he taught me to drive and allowed me to use his VW bug to take the test in. The little car made the parallel parking part of the test easy. Ron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment