
Judy is correct that plans have been in process to have a gathering of some of my crazy friends while Judy and her daughters and granddaughter are here. The last time they came, I planned a campfire/cookout with some friends so that Judy could meet some of the people that I talk about in my emails . When the plan for this visit was to be in the middle of winter, I had to put my thinking cap on to come up with something that might be fun for them. I have done tea parties in the past for my friends and it is always an enjoyable afternoon. The china has been washed, the table linens ironed and the menu is planned. I enjoy entertaining and coming up with a plan. I am also in the planning phase for Kenny's family for sometime this summer. We plan to all gather at Justin's place for a weekend of camping. We will take our camper, have Wade bring his and Justin also has one that sleeps 8-9 people. We have a couple of large tents too. We will do all of the cooking outdoors on Justin's fire pit. Justin & Holly live right next to a lake, so the kids will have access to the playgrounds, fishing and paddle boats. Justin also has some great yard games, like horse shoes, volley ball, ladder ball and that sort of thing. I think I will leave that to the younger folks and I will be a chair cheer leader. We try at least once a year to get together with Kenny's extended family, so this will be our reunion. A lot of work and planning but a lot of fun. LaDonna
No comments:
Post a Comment