
We know all to well about the confusion on names. Kenny's oldest brothers son was named after him and at nearly fifty years old, is still called "little" Charles. I wanted to name my first son after his father but didn't want him to be known as "little" Kenny or junior, so gave him a different middle name than his father and he has spent his entire life being called by his middle name, which is Wade. It has only caused him minor issues through the years and he typically signs things as K. Wade King.
Now then we have middle names. I have never been crazy about my middle name, which is Shirley. I always thought that it should be LaDonna Renae. Of course I have always been grateful that Mom talked Dad out of making my middle name Juanita. Run that across your tongue---LaDonna Juanita Truscott
Perhaps we should just name our children 1-2-3, etc. and then let them choose their own names when they are grown. I must say I have always enjoyed my first name as people always remark about it and seem to remember it. I was never mixed up with anyone at school. I have done an Internet search and see that I am certainly not the only LaDonna and recently learned that the singer Larry Gatlin has a sister named LaDonna. LaDonna
Now then we have middle names. I have never been crazy about my middle name, which is Shirley. I always thought that it should be LaDonna Renae. Of course I have always been grateful that Mom talked Dad out of making my middle name Juanita. Run that across your tongue---LaDonna Juanita Truscott
Perhaps we should just name our children 1-2-3, etc. and then let them choose their own names when they are grown. I must say I have always enjoyed my first name as people always remark about it and seem to remember it. I was never mixed up with anyone at school. I have done an Internet search and see that I am certainly not the only LaDonna and recently learned that the singer Larry Gatlin has a sister named LaDonna. LaDonna
No comments:
Post a Comment