Thanks for the congrats big R. Gage and I had a blast over the weekend at the UKC shows. He came home with a handful of ribbons. He earned 90 of the 100 points he needs to become a UKC champion. He needs one more win. He won his class at each show, was best male twice, reserve male twice, best of winners twice, best of breed once and a group 2 win. Not bad for our first time at the UKC shows. It is a much more relaxed atmosphere than at the AKC shows and they don't allow professional handlers so not so much politics. I also liked that the dogs are shown more naturally. The Poodles actually looked like they could do the jobs they were bred to do---no hair spray or hair pieces. UKC also honors and encourages their young people. The juniors all showed first while everyone stood around to watch and clap before the rest of the show started. Loads of fun.
Young Ron, I very much enjoyed your post and birthday greeting for Grandpa. As a dog breeder I realize how strong a part genetics plays in who we are. We are happy to have you as a part of our gene pool. LaDonna
No comments:
Post a Comment