Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Yosemite

Thanks Ron for your input on some of these old memories. I think because you were older than the rest of us, your memory of those things are much stronger than mine from that time. If any of the rest of you can remember things from that period, please share. I just remember how beautiful it was there. I do remember the firefall at night and going up to where the fire was built and pushed from. I remember learning the song "do your ears hang low". I also
remember the swinging bridge and hating to be on it at the same time as Ron because he would make it sway on purpose and make it scary. You younger folks may wonder who the teenager in some of the pictures is. He is our cousin Tommy and he spent many years with us. Do any of you guys know if he is still living? I am still amazed at how many things our parents did with us when we were growing up. I remember my first camping trip as an adult and getting things ready to go and how much work it was and I only had two kids. How in the world did they manage with all of us? Of course these days we camp with a big fifth wheel camper with all of the luxury of home. Not quite the same but fun anyway. LaDonna













No comments: