Thursday, October 30, 2008
Cousins
Thanks Keith for posting those pictures from Auntie Ada's birthday. I so much enjoyed seeing Doreen and Elaine again. It has been so many years since I saw them. I was stunned to see that they are getting old. I had to jump up and go look in the mirror--horrors! I am getting old too. When did that happen? I have so many memories of these two cousins. I so admired them with their beautiful, long black hair. I must admit that I was often jealous of them as they had beautiful cloths and their own bedrooms. They also had toys that I coveted. Elaine actually had a Tiny Tears Doll and I oh so wanted one. A couple of years ago Wade's wife was going to get me one for Christmas until she went on EBay and saw how much they were bringing. Oh well, I suppose at age 61 I can live out the rest of my life without one. Ya think? Of course then we all became teenagers and they seemed to get the best boyfriends too. Dang! My very first boyfriend was Doreen's brother-in-law. I think I was eleven years old. Judy had a major crush on another of Doreen's brothers-in-law. So many years have gone by and I think we have both been very lucky in our husband choices. Also as I reflect back on those years I realize how lucky I was to be surrounded by love and to have all of the fun camping trips and family dinners and such. I wouldn't change a thing. LaDonna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment