I’m taking the liberty to tell one of Dad’s stories, using my own words, but writing as if Dad is telling the story. I hope that Dad doesn't mind.
Posted by Judy
Posted by Judy
A police car sped into the store parking lot. Two police officers jumped out of their cruiser, grabbed me, slamming me over the trunk of my car. As they searched me, I wondered what they were looking for. Whatever it was they couldn’t seem to find it. The next thing I knew, I was being dragged back across the parking lot and into the store.
“Did this man rob you?”
“Me, a robber!?”
“How did I get into this situation?”
Wanda, my wife and our three youngest children, Judy, LaDonna, and Harold had taken a trip to Oklahoma, at the request of her brother, J.L. Our two oldest children, Ronald and Keith stayed with me in California. On Saturday, the boys and I took a ride to the Oakland hills. We had stopped at a store to buy some candy bars. Ronald and Keith were wearing their toy gun holsters and were playing with their cap guns in the store.
I bought the candy and we walked out the door and headed to our car. That is when the police showed up. One of the police officers told me that they had received a call that I was holding up the store. Someone had seen the boys playing with their cap guns. They called the police, to let them know that the store was being robbed.
The store owner told the police officers that it was all a mistake and that I was an honest paying customer.
To my relief, the policemen released me and let me go.
“Did this man rob you?”
“Me, a robber!?”
“How did I get into this situation?”
Wanda, my wife and our three youngest children, Judy, LaDonna, and Harold had taken a trip to Oklahoma, at the request of her brother, J.L. Our two oldest children, Ronald and Keith stayed with me in California. On Saturday, the boys and I took a ride to the Oakland hills. We had stopped at a store to buy some candy bars. Ronald and Keith were wearing their toy gun holsters and were playing with their cap guns in the store.
I bought the candy and we walked out the door and headed to our car. That is when the police showed up. One of the police officers told me that they had received a call that I was holding up the store. Someone had seen the boys playing with their cap guns. They called the police, to let them know that the store was being robbed.
The store owner told the police officers that it was all a mistake and that I was an honest paying customer.
To my relief, the policemen released me and let me go.
No comments:
Post a Comment